Pages

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

April 2012 Reads



Evolution, Me, and Other Freaks of Nature
by Robin Brande
(audio book)

Read my full review on PDL's Staff Choices blog


Fracture
by Megan Miranda

Ok, I'm doing double duty.  This one's on the PDL Staff Choices blog too.


All New Square Foot Gardening
by Mel Bartholomew

I'm definitely giving this method a try this year.  I moved to a new house last fall, so I haven't gardened yet in my new yard.  I've got the spaces cleared and I'm ready to plan as soon as the weather can be trusted.  The idea here is that you can plant more per square foot than you can in traditional row gardens.  There's a handy chart that says how many of each kind of plant you can put in a square-foot area.  The book also talks about soil, planting in raised beds or vertically, and other green-thumb tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment