Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Tech Tools Presentation

I'll be speaking at the Caroline Kennedy Library in Dearborn Heights on March 21st. It's a program for their patrons called "Best of the Web" in which I demonstrate some fun, interesting, and useful web sites. Simple concept, but you'd be amazed at how many people had no idea such things existed on the web. I'm fascinated by the idea of what average people DO online. It seems like I see people at the library playing games and using Facebook or uploading resumes to job sites, but not a lot of just web surfing. This program is designed to inspire people to enjoy the best of what the web has to offer - "librarian approved" sites that they will find useful or just fun to browse.

The list of sites I will be highlighting is available in my Delicious account in a stack called "Dearborn." Take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment