Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Shelf Balancing Follow-Up

As you all know, I'm a big fan of Tony Greiner, the author of the article that my shelf-shifting project was based on. (November/December 2005 issue of Public Libraries magazine called "Collection Development and Shelf Space: A Proposal for Nonfiction Collections). The word is out, and Mr. Greiner emailed me! Very cool. He's thinking about writing a follow-up article, and was excited that someone followed his formula. I'll be keeping careful track of the changes in circulation patterns now that the shift is done in my non-fiction collection, and Mr. Greiner and I will collaborate on a follow-up to his article sometime down the road.

I'm very excited to get September's circulation statistics, but even more so to watch them over the next few months. I *hope* that things start circulating more, now that the collections are fresher and spaced more comfortably.

In the meantime, the school year has started and that also lends certain collections to higher circulation. Math, science, history, language arts...I would expect those collections to have a bit of a bump in circulation in September over the summer months.

I'll let you all know what happens over the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment