Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Friend Feed



I have had a FriendFeed account for a while, but never really experimented with it. I rediscovered it last week, and now I'm really digging it! If you'd like to follow me on FriendFeed, the address is http://www.friendfeed.com/hhibner.

The cool thing about FriendFeed is that it lets you share all of your social networking activities in one place. I have my account set up to share any new Delicious bookmarks I add, YouTube videos I upload, my tweets on Twitter, my new blog posts here on Blogger, my LinkedIn updates, my SlideShare uploads, and even anything I share through Google Reader by clicking on the "share" button after an article there. Now I don't have to Tweet that I have a new blog post, blog that I have new Delicious bookmarks, or bookmark my YouTube videos on Delicious. I share them all at once by the act itself through my FriendFeed account. I upload a video on YouTube and instantly everyone who follows my FriendFeed is notified through my feed.

It's also nice on the receiving end. I follow a lot of people on Twitter, some different people on Delicious, and yet another crowd on SlideShare (etc.). I don't have to log in on all these different web pages to see what people are up to. I get it all in one place.

Check it out! I'd love to follow you on FriendFeed rather than separately in all the various places you are online!

No comments:

Post a Comment